Friday, September 18, 2009

Lady Marmalade

To most of you, this may look like a run-of-the-mill Oprah Magazine cover. (and apparently, a blurry one) To me, it is a slice of heaven.

One of my favorite things to do is to look at random blogs. I'll hit the NEXT button and read until one interests me.

A few months back, I stumbled across a woman named Pam, who seemed to be struggling with life. I read her very first post and decided to follow her. Over the months, I've watched her take hold of her life and her happiness and growth. I've learned that Pam wasn't her real name. She inspires me with her writings and helps me look at life with a positive, intelligent spin. She quotes songs I love, and shares her innermost soul.

Shortly before we left for our trip, I saw that she worked near Newark. Our flights would go through Newark, and we would have a layover there. We arranged to meet over our return layover. However, our flight was over three hours late in departing Porto. I knew this would greatly hinder our chance of meeting, as it would mean that she would have to wait. And, wait at the airport. For 3 hours. Sheesh. Only an angel would do that.

Well, this angel waited. She waited and found me. And, seeing her smiling face and getting that hug from her took away all the travel stress, the travel grunge, sweat and ick. It made the overnight layover in Newark truly tolerable. Meeting someone you respect and admire is always exciting, but this meeting just warmed me to the cockles of my heart.

And, my blogging friend brought me this magazine. What great gifts I received; a magazine from my meeting with my soul sister.

3 comments:

Dusti said...

Very cool!

angie128 said...

Nice nice story.

mel said...

You made me cry, Ju! Next time, a much longer get-together. Love ya!