Tuesday, December 7, 2010

PMS Day

PMS was strangling me today.  I was so grumpy.  I think I muddled under my breath all day long.  I grumbled, groaned and felt general displeasure with the entire planet; no, check that, the universe!

I updated my Facebook status and mentioned my bad mood.  I bitched on the way to lunch.  I hissed at my coworkers and lost my patience with just about everyone I came in contact with.

And then, tonight, I heard about Elizabeth Edwards.  For some reason, the news of her passing makes me feel very sad.   I think I'm not alone in feeling this way, it seems she touched a lot of people with her dignity and class.

Not feeling quite so selfish and grumpy anymore.

3 comments:

SPT said...

I agree. I have such a pit in my stomach. Thinking about her three young children - and just the horrible pain in her "later" years. Losing her son, cancer, her douche bag husband.

I don't know if I believe in the afterlife, but if there is one, I hope she and her son are making up for a lot of lost time.

sherri s. said...

I know, so sad...as a breast cancer "survivor," it makes me just feel awful to think about it, though wow, she handled it with grace, didn't she? And PMS? That sucks, big time...

word: corpoot

Um...er, gee: Someone in yoga let out a little corpoot today while in a Downward Dog. Oops!

mel said...

I love the image of her and her son making up for lost time. Imagine that hug!!!!