Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Like, Don't Like

Did you ever notice that if there's something you like in the world, that there's normally something that goes along with it in the category of "don't like?'  For example, I like (LOVE) cream cheese, but I don't like the inches it adds to my hips?  I've been thinking about this all day, and you are the lucky recipient of my thoughts!!

I like garlic.
I don't like the extreme heartburn I get from it.  I won't ever give up the garlic, so I have to take high powered antacids.  (My favorite is the purple pill!!)


I like Grey's Anatomy on Lifetime.
I don't like that it's been taking up three hours of my night for the past few weeks! 

I like the sunroof on my car.
I don't like the mechanism used to close it.  I have to push it three times to get it to close.  Such torture!

I like Book Seven of Harry Potter.
I don't like that the series is now over.

I like Barbara on "One Day at at Time."
I don't like Julie.

I like the fact that I'm not a teenager anymore.
I don't like the fact that my body has decided it's time for adult acne.

I like having extended time off around the holidays.
I don't like trying to get all my work done in less time.

I like that my kids are independent and don't need me.
I don't like that I don't see my kids so much anymore, now that they are independent.

I like Christmas.
I don't like paying for it.

I like red shoes.  A LOT.
I don't like that horrible schmaltzy Christmas song about the boy whose mom is dying and he buys here a pair of red shoes. 

I like getting Christmas cards with pictures inside them.
I'm disappointed when there are none.  (and I feel REALLY guilty for not sending pix in mine this year!  If you want, you can check out 2006 RIGHT HERE )

I like most things with a vintage/retro feel.
I don't like that I'm quickly becoming vintage/retro.  Tick Tick Tick Tick.

I like my bed. 
NO DISLIKES HERE, except having to get out of it.  Yawnnnnn.

Some of yours???

2 comments:

mel said...

I like having a job.
I don't like having to get up early to go to it.


I like eating sweets.
I do not like the calories.


I like holiday lights.
I do not like having to figure out which bulb blew out a string of them.


I like Ju.

angie128 said...

Hey! I like JuJu too!

I like grocery shopping.
I do not like putting it all away.

I like clean sheets on my bed.
I do not like changing them.

I also like your old Christmas card. How cool is that!?