Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Spit, Cakes, Christmas and M&Ms

Why do boys/men spit all the time? 

I do NOT like that M&M's commercial where they are filming the female green M&M and they're all getting hot and bothered.  (melt anyone?)  I don't like her white high heels and to me, she comes off as a big ol' tease.  I don't like that in women.  Or in M&Ms.

We're eating Snow Crab Legs for Christmas dinner.  Yum.

Is Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) hiding a balding spot by wearing a ballcap all the time?  Bald is so "in."  Mike, take off the hat.

My Secret Santa bought me the coziest blankie; pink and brown.  I'm lying under it right now and I'm thinking of never leaving.

Is it humanly possible to get a bathtub completely clean and shiny? 




Favorite Christmas songs/carols/hymns  (in no particular order):  Lullay Thou Little Tiny Child, Mary, did you know? Lo, how a rose ere blooming, Silent Night.

I'm amazed at some of these gorgeous cakes I'm seeing on TV and the internet of late.  I can't ice a cake and not get part of the cake in the icing!

The Cup Tower in my room currently stands at 7.

One of the few Christmas commercials that doesn't annoy me is the Hershey's Kiss commercial with bells playing, "We wish you a Merry Christmas."  Simple.  Effective.  Short.   Like me.

And to quote my Mary:  "I wish you GOOD DAY!"


5 comments:

Mary said...

Dang it all - one day I will get to say that and mean it! Lemme know if you get an answer to that spitting nonsense. I watched a grown man farmer john (projectile snot out of his nose) and then spit yesterday. HOW GROSS!!

mel said...

Whatever Mike Rowe is hiding, I want to see it. That man is so cute and sexy. Maybe short, but I'm not going to hold that against him. Have you taken a good look at that man's arms??

OK, moving on.

O Holy Night - my favorite Christmas hymn.

Re: the cake getting in the icing? Dip the knife periodically in a cup of warm water as you smear the icing. Just a smidge. Nana worked in a bakery....and shared her baking tips.

JuJu said...

Oh, I like him loads Mel. I just want hiim to take OFF the hat! He needs to embrace his baldness! (and you in his arms apparently!!)

God Bless Nana and her icing tips!

Jan, David, Rose and Grace said...

No, it is NOT possible to get a bathtub completely clean and shiny. Unless maybe you use some sort of chemical cleaner that causes you to permanently forget your first name?

sherri s. said...

I don't like the fact that those M&Ms talk at all...nope. And yes, it's somehow unseemly to have sexy candy. And what Mary saw? Ewwwwwww!