Friday, April 16, 2010

Another Wonderful Friday

I took a half day today.  I didn't do anything exciting or planned with my time.  I came home and napped.  Then I got up and went to the grocery store.  I watched the Grey's rerun when George gets hit by the bus.  Sniff Sniff Sniff.  I just made the most marvelous dinner.  (filets, PW crash hot potatoes and roasted asparagus)  Now, I'm sitting on my run down couch.  Sixth Sense is playing on the tv with no sound.  I'm listening to my ipod, and one of my favorite songs just came on.  (Jose Gonzalez-How long?)  I'm following my brother's baseball game on line.  Steven is playing chess on the computer with some guy in Switzerland  (honestly, how cool is THAT!)  .  Rockett is lying next to me.  The cats are in their respective areas licking themselves.

All is right with the world tonight.

No telling what tomorrow may bring, so we need to relish and enjoy these perfect moments.

Here's some more perfection for your viewing pleasure.  (please forgive my lack of camera skills)   Down here in da South, it's Azalea time.  They always seem to bloom perfectly in time for the Masters.  So, before they fall off the bushes and the heat/humidity of summer are upon us, here you go:



They make everything look so pretty...even the "Crime Watch" sign.



Right now, they are literally everywhere.



And, the colors are pink, purple, red, white, orange.  Just lovely.



We may not get turning leaves in the fall, or big snowflakes in the winter, but we do get Azaleas in the spring.  I'll take it. 

Happy Weekend Friends!
xxx

4 comments:

sherri s. said...

Bee-you-tiful! Azaleas don't do well here at all...a few people have them planted, but they're puny and sparse. Lovely! You also have lovely dogwoods, yes? Your Friday eve sounded great...hope the rest of the weekend is as well!

mel said...

Azaleas don't do well here either. Enjoy them!

There is something especially wonderful about taking a half-day on Fridays. It's like getting to leave school early, and without homework, when all the other kids are still taking tests. A marvelous feeling of freedom.

SPT said...

I love Fridays.... the potential of the weekend is ahead of you. By Sunday, I am stuck with the to do list of things that didn't get crossed off!

Unknown said...

They have been amazing this year. Thanks for the beautiful photo's. It sounds like a good day to me.
Enjoy your week.