Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fur Ball

***Note to my wonderful readers:  I'm having some serious blog block, so I had to get motivated by Steven's pictures.  All these are a few years old, but it was a fun time we had before I blogged.  So, now you get to enjoy it too.  Aint you lucky!***



A few years ago, Steven and I attended a fundraiser for Pet Helpers, called, the "Fur Ball."  It was a formal affair complete with silent auction, food, drinks, and dancing.  Proceeds went to a local non profit that supports humane treatment of animals.  As you know, this is a cause near and dear to our hearts.   A friend of ours was able to get tickets for many of us, as his employer gave a valuable item for the auction.  So, we went for free.

WELL, free until Steven rented his tux, I bought a dress, etc.  Think prom for adults.

We have wonderful friends, we are very lucky that way.  But, sometimes, it's kinda hard to be around these folks.  You see, they're all at least 10-15 years younger than me.  They're all tall, thin, and gorgeous.  They're all highly succesful in their occupations.  They are all really really smart. 

Sometimes, I feel like a clutzy, short, stupid gal. 


Like, take a gander at this picture.  "One of these things is not like the other........"


But, after my initial gulp reaction and trip to Insecurity Town, I let it go and just enjoy the company of nice people. 



It's not very often we get together dressed to the nines.  So, it's fun for us to look at each other freshly showered and coiffed.   Luckily, we always act with the utmost class.



And, since we normally see each other after sweaty soccer games, we very rarely get a photo like this:




A good time was had by all. ( Even the the clutzy gal.)

7 comments:

Mrs. Doctor Jackson said...

you looked fab in (literal) head to toe red!!

mel said...

You are the most beautiful one of all. Your light shines.

SPT said...

I agree with Mel. The others are beautiful but YOU are striking and illuminate the photos. I wish I had one ounce of your ballsiness.

Cici said...

#1 Yay I'm in your blog!
#2 You where absolutely GORGEOUS in your red dress and matching hair.
#3 Dont we all travel to Insecurity Town too often (but always think we're alone there)?
#4 Talk about age... I felt so very very OLD the next day...
#5 I love Stevens pictures they always makes me smile. I had so much fun with y'all!

Mary said...

I have to agree with all the ladies to my left - while all those ladies are beautiful - you stole the show in your red. It just speaks to your fun, loving, sure-of-youself attitude. I wish I had that more often. You wear what you love and that ALWAYS makes anyone look fabulous

JuJu said...

You are all way too nice.

Sherri said...

Love it! How I wish I had your joie de vivre, Miss JuJu!