Sunday, April 18, 2010

Here we go again.........

More thoughts in my head on a Sunday night in April---

  • Am I the only person left in the world without a touch pad phone?  I swear, I can't make my fingers manipulate those things.
  • Bailey keeps losing hair and weight.  I can't help but worry.  My animals are like my kids.  Right now, I'm in denial about them aging.
  • That Ramona on "Real Housewives of NYC" is a nutjob.
  • When my mom would get to the really drunk part of her evenings, we would describe her speech as, "nut talking."
  • I swear, I like every show they put on Bravo.
  • One of Taylor's friends got engaged today.  She is 19.  She will be married before she can legally drink.  I hope she is making the right choice for her.  I can't help but worry.  (two worry thoughts so far)
  • Oh, another worry:  my brother's baseball team is struggling this year.  Granted, they have 17 new players this year, and this is to be expected, but I still worry.
  • What is it like to be tall and thin?
  • I watched a movie with subtitles today.  It was a 1955 B/W titled, "Death of a Cyclist."  It didn't suck.
  • Steven looks good in hats.
  • I stress that I'm forgetting something important.  Am I showing my loved ones enough love? 
  • Lisbeth Salander is my hero.
  • Taylor turns 18 in June.  She already has her tattoo planned.
  • I met someone last night who will be working with troubled teens in an outreach program in Utah.  I am so impressed with her and wish her well.
  • I don't like smug.
  • I had a bit of road rage this week.  It's been a long while since I've had that.  It's such a wasteful emotional thing.  I must remember to turn the negative into a positive.
  • Sometimes I feel helpless to make things better in my friends lives.  (another worry!)
  • I'm going to a "hot dog" party next weekend.  Yum.
  • I need to remember to look outside the box.
  • It's time for a new pair of black sandals.  I've been wearing the same ones since 1998.  I kid you not.  Nine West Cloud Nines.  I was wearing them the day I met the boy.
  • Okey dokey, enough randomness for April 18th.  Here's hoping we all have a happy worry-free week!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are not the only person left without a touch tone phone. I don't have one and don't want one at this point. I have learned to never say never. Lots of worries for you, mine are my kids. That's when I'm thankful for texting. The won't answer when I call but they seem to respond when I text. That good enough for me.
Hope your worries go away.
Enjoy your week

angie128 said...

I was a hold-out on the iPhone. But the Captain insisted. Now I am hooked.

The name of the game was Quelf. The name of the game was Quelf.

Various and Sunday said...

oh miss JuJu, i loved your list for 4/18. i have my list of worries, too. i loved your point about thinking outside the box. i have to do that a lot in my work - as a business writer. for me, i have to quiet my mind (so for you, maybe you print out your worry list, crunch it up, throw it in the nearest trash bin, then get your mind quiet). and once my mind is quiet, i find that the clear thoughts begin to bubble up. i can related to the older pet thing. our lab is 11 this september. i lost my Love Cat of my Life a few years ago and haven't been quite right since. :\ we just pull ourselves up though, and keep movin' forward. that's life! hugs to you today... -robin p.s. the wine is divine. have you tried a Malbec? it's really good. somewhere between Merlot and Chianti...

sherri s. said...

We love seeing inside your mind! It's fascinating in there, really! Could Ramona possibly have thought she looked good during that fashion show?! Really?

And yes, artichokes = butter. Forget all these vinaigrettes and such: BUTTER!

Mrs. Doctor Jackson said...

oh my god. i just watched the latest episode of RHNYC and could NOT believe ramona's outrageous behavior (the kodak thing). i mean that was beyond ramona-craziness.

she is psychotic!! and don't even get me started on the fashion show...

mel said...

Yes, what IS it like to be tall and thin???

Put your worries down today, Ju. I have a feeling you are going to have a wonderful day.

:-)