Sunday, April 4, 2010

Eggcellent Easter

Happy Easter to all!  For my friends who can't wrap their head around it, happy Sunday!  Either way, I hope you all have a wonderful day with family, friends, or both.

And in the tradition of holidays, let's take a look at some vintage cards and try to figure out just WHAT in the heck was going on in this world when these cards were created.


Apparently, all eggs are all the rage this year.  Look at these bunnies in their stylish egg-ware.  I am wondering what little ditty they are dancing to.  For some reason, I'm hearing, "YMCA."



For those of you who like a little Gestapo/Nazi style with your Easter greeting....



Does this egg make my butt look big?  I mean, really?  Does it?



Okay, bunnies playing baseball.  Very small infield.  LOADS of weird looking birds in the stands.  That just SCREAMS Easter to me.



I would freak OUT if this crawled out of any egg in my house.  Those lips are scary.



As we noted before, eggs are REALLY in this year; even in vehicles. 
But, me, the girl with the hat, the boy/girl and the bunny all wish you the best of days. 
And here's hoping you wear the egg well.

2 comments:

mel said...

I LOVE your reviews of old-time holiday cards. Hilarious!!

sherri s. said...

HA ha ha ha!!! I love your commentary on these, too too funny! And a very happy Easter to you, too. My Easter basket was, literally, a Miller Light six-pack holder--not filled with beer but other fun stuff. My husband, ever the creative one!