Friday, April 1, 2011

Bailey Boy

Today is a sad day.  We had to say goodbye to Bailey.


It turns out that all that pooping in the tub was a sign of more serious matters.  I think we knew this already.    That's probably why it took as long as it did to take him in to the vet.  Today, we made the difficult choice. 


We are animal people.  Our animals are our family.  And, Bailey was our first.  Taylor was six years old when we got Bailey.  9/11 hadn't happened.  And back then, I had no idea how much I could love a crazy ginger cat.


We adopted Bailey from Pet Helpers.  The poor buddy had no bottom lip.  When then went to neuter him, they discovered he had no testicles.  (huh?)  He had asthma.  He had some kind of dry skin condition.  And in the sunset of his life, he was obviously in some kind of pain from a mass in his belly.  But, oh, in between all that, how he lived!


He was the King of our house.  He was the hisser.  He was the little kitty who would step on my belly while I lay in the bath tub.  He climbed the Christmas tree, the chimney and trees outside.  He chased lizards.  He let all the newcomers to the house (and there were four that followed him) know that he was large and in charge.   And I loved him with all my heart.


So, here's to Bailey Boy.  Thank you for bringing so much to our lives for these twelve years.  I will forever miss you. xxx


(Thanks to Steven for these wonderful photos)

10 comments:

mel said...

Oh, Ju. I am so sad for you and Steven and Taylor.

Bailey is running free now, but oh I am so sad for you.

Hugs, dear friend.

angie128 said...

Oh Ju Ju. I'm so sorry. That's one of the toughest things ever to go through. Big hugs to you.

sherri s. said...

JuJu--words fail, but I'm so sorry for your loss. Bailey was obviously mighty loved, and that's all any of us can ask for, ultimately, isn't it? These animals make our hearts grow bigger (and leave a little hole when they must leave us).

I know your heart must be breaking--I'm joining in the big virtual hug coming your way. Lovely photos...

In honor of Bailey, no word today...

coultasj1 said...

:(
-J

Mary said...

XOXO, To all those missing Bailey on Browen Court. Here's to the cozy-closet, sweater-sleeper, food stealer and snuggler. He will be missed.

Cicci said...

Im so sorry Judi. It hurts when we have to say good buy to the ones we love.

I'm sure his having a grand time in cat haven!

SPT said...

What a beautiful cat. Beautiful photos. What a lucky little being he was to be YOUR pet.

Love you, my love.

miscellane-ash said...

this is the sweetest homage ever! he was a pretty little boy :)

Grandma K said...

Your words of good by were beautiful. We also consider out pets family. It is so terribly sad to lose one. I am so sorry you lost Bailey.

Hugs to you

Darla said...

I fell in love with Bailey just from the pictures! You see, our lives revolve around our animals, too. St. Francis has just made camp at our doorstep to make sure that we have animal love in our home!

I am so, so sorry for you loss of dear Bailey. I cry for your pain!!

I LOVE your tat!! So special. I am sure I will tear up when I see you in June, and see your very special "B".