Wednesday, January 6, 2010

There's a Cat on My Lap, and How is Your Evening?


We have four cats.  Bailey is 10, Mikki 9, Domino 8 and Charlie 6.  (Three males and one female)  They all have unique personalities and color.  They all love food more than life itself.   They love to sleep, steal Rockett's food, and sleep some more. 

One thing they don't like is to be cold.  So, right now, they're hating life because it's really cold in South Carolina.  Compared to the rest of the country it's not that cold, but for the Palmetto State, this is brrrrrrr freezing.  And these cats are not happy. 

They are doing everything they can to keep warm.  Steven is running the space heater in his room so they can get a bit of heat.  They are finding every possible mechanical device on which to sit to soak up some heat.  And, they're refusing to leave us alone.  They're stealing all our body heat.  Every night, Steven has at least two cats, ususally more, lying right next to him in the bed. 

For the last few nights, the old man (Bailey) has been living on my lap.  He's never been a lover or a lapcat in all his years.  But, he's totally using me and my lap to keep warm.  He climbs up, turns around and proceeds to groom himself for at least fifteen minutes, then goes to sleep until my legs threaten to fall off from numbness.  It makes it impossible for me to type, eat, MOVE, or get up to do anything.  I am in Bailey prison.

So, until it starts to warm up again, you can find me here, crushed under a 10 year old feline.
MEOW.

2 comments:

mel said...

But what a lovely prison to be in!

coultasj1 said...

Dusti and I can relate. Our cats pile up on us when it's cold esp. on our bed at night. Often Dusti gets up and sleeps in the guest room as they take up so much room (at least that what she tells me, perhaps it's me she is fleeing from!).