Monday, January 4, 2010

Thoughts on Things while Chillaxing in the Mountains

I do my best thinking in the bathroom, but that's a whole 'nother post.  This post entails some random photos from our trip, and some other brilliant thoughts I had along the way.

Why does the sky look so much bluer the higher the elevation?

I'm very glad that I don't have to see Christmas commercials for another year.

My Christmas tree is still hanging up and it's starting to annoy me.




My car looks pretty cute with snow on it.  Come to think of it, everything looks pretty cute with snow on it.

WHY must people tailgate?  (and I'm not talking about the "pre-game" variety.  I love that)

For the first time in a month, I don't feel like I'm "in a hurry."




There are no problems in life when you're sitting in a hot tub.

Close up photographs of me are not very flattering.

I admire Dick Clark for continuing to ROCK New Year's Eve for all of us.





Scrabble is one of the best games ever.  PERIOD. 

Taylor and Justin flew to St. Louis today, on their own.  For some weird reason, it feels like they're never coming back.  But, I'm so proud of them for taking this trip and filling their days with museums and the zoo.

I'm hoping I can stick to a life of better eating and more movement.



Some people live too far away.




Snowflakes actually show up in photos?

WOW, it's cold in the South right now.

There's NO place better than the mountains. 


6 comments:

angie128 said...

Looks like you are having a most awesome excellenty time.

Looks like I am most jealous.

angie128 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angie128 said...

And for some reason my post posted twice. So I deleted it. Now it looks like I was saying something ugly. Which I wasn't.

So I'm sorry I have cluttered up all your comments....

JuJu said...

I think it makes my comments area look "racy" Ang. Everyone will wonder for days what you could have possibly said! ;-)

unclebro said...

I read her "deleted" comment before it was removed.
and it wasn't very nice, I can tell to you.

Sherri said...

Looks like loads of fun were had. Don't you love a hot tub in the freezing cold? We once did it in Oregon and almost froze our patooties off getting back into the hotel! And I don't think ANY photos of me are flattering, close up or no. I'm much more beautiful (ha!!!) than the camera ever captures. All cameras are dysfunctional, therefore.