Monday, January 11, 2010

One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure?


In every house I lived in growing up, we had a junk drawer.  So, when I became an adult, of course I carried on the tradition.

Today, I decided it was time to clean out the junk drawer. 

Good Gosh Amighty.  I can't believe the absolute crap that was in there.


THREE pairs of scissors.  Taylor's picture from the 5th grade.  Scavenger Hunt notes.  Two spools of thread.  Coupons that expired in 2003.  A golf ball.  (we don't play golf)  Two plastic dinasours.  At LEAST fifteen packs of gum.  Buttons.  Close to fifty ponytail holders.  A picture of Amanda Bynes?  Four pack of crayons.  One green ring.  American coins.  English coins.  Jamaican coins.  A little plastic snowman.  Four used batteries.  Stingrays ticket stub.  A couple of lip glosses and some old photos.



No wonder the drawer wouldn't close.


After tackling the drawer, I decided to go through a few of the pens in the drawer.

Folks, there were 29 pens/pencils and two cases of lead.

Please don't report me to that "Hoarders" show.  And, hey, if you want any of my goodies, they're yours.  (well, I might have a hard time giving up that green ring...)




5 comments:

Mary said...

This was a good one!! I would be way too embarassed to share mine. Nothing cool is hiding in my junk drawer... :-)

angie128 said...

I feel your pain. I cleaned out my closet this weekend. ERG. I am primo material for the hoarders show.

coultasj1 said...

So did you put it all back in the drawer or throw it away?

mel said...

I always am soooo happy to learn that other people have junk drawers too.

Brendan (ekra) said...

hahahaha, nice post. keep the snow-man too; or, better yet, don't take advice from a pseudo hoarder.