Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pre Idol Randomness

As I sit here waiting this week's version of American Idol, I step inside my brain and share a few thoughts with you---

Rice A Roni gives me the creeps.  I hate that you have to cook it in a pan.  I hate how the little vermicellis look.  And, it always reminds me of game shows from the 70's.

I am so unorganized of late.  I still haven't created my room with my hot pink couch. 

Steven is working on this year's contribution to the Charleston Animal Society's Furry Affair.  He's making a beer bottle picture of the classic South Carolina palm tree and moon.  He will donate that and it will be auctioned off in the silent auction.  He donates something every year, and it always does well.  He figures by the time he's created this picture, he will be using over 1500 bottle caps, and will have have hammered 15,000 times.  And I'm sitting on the couch.

Going to a pig roast this weekend.  Remember last year's???

That song from, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" makes me feel a bit weepy.  (Pure Imagination?)

I read a book the other day that I just didn't enjoy.  That doesn't happen very often, but I'm always surprised when it does.  This was Anna Maxted's, "Rich Again."  I have really enjoyed all her other books, and this one just got a big thumbs down from me.

We got in trouble with our neighborhood association.  Taylor's car was parked a bit off our driveway and a few inches on our grass. (and, apparently, this is a no no!)   I feel like they are going to put me into detention.  They sent the letter via certified mail.  I mean, certified mail is for lawsuits!!

We're going back to Arizona the first weekend in June.  I look forward to the trip, but man, I'm kinda tired of traveling.  The good part is that Jake and Taylor will both be joining us this time. 

That song Casey just sung was kinda boring.

I can't click my heels.

If I threw out just half the crap I don't use in my house, I'd double the usable space.

I still haven't found a good pillow.  Granted, I haven't looked.

I'm currently on the hunt for anything with a Holland flair to it.  We are attending a World Cup party June 12, and I drew Holland for my country.  I found some great stuff on line, but the one thing I want, and can't find, is this inflatable windmill hat.  How awesome is this? There is a costume contest, and this screams WINNER to me.  By the way, Steven is New Zealand, and he's dressing up as the Queen of England.  I guess she still rules New Zealand.  Yes, pictures will follow.

My dog has the best sighs.

Why does Kara call Ellen and Randy, "the guys?" 

I keep thinking I want to wax my arms.  I love the smooth waxed feeling.  I could easily become addicted to waxing.

I'm almost out of bubble bath.  This never happens.  I always have some back ups.  See?  I'm unorganized.  That's a perfect example.

Hump Day tomorrow folks.  Let's make it Hump-A-Riffic!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

I love your random thoughts...I have so much bubble bath, but some of it sucks...it's not really bubbly, just kinda slimy, you know? And missy, you do travel a LOT! I'm exhausted just reading about it! Happy Hump Day!

Sherri said...

OMG, the word verification that just came up is "dinki"--love it! I had "Wordo" the other day--that's my superhero name: able to edit crappy writing in a single bound! Em-dashes fly out of my fingertips! Run-on sentences, beware!

mel said...

I LOVE your random blogs. They are my favorite. I want to get inside your brain.

Woa - you HAVE a neighborhood association??? That always makes me think of Communists.

We are diverging on things tonight.

Wax your arms? Geez, I am not even motivated to shave my legs...

Rice-a-roni - - didn't you just love those SF commercials tho...and that catchy song??

AZ - woo hoo!! You will have a wonderful time. More pics pls.

And, finally - throw out the crap and make room for the couch. You will be happy when you do. :-)

SPT said...

Did you just die when Lee sang Hallelujah? Chills from my head to my toes. He is my favorite contestant this season and Hallelujah is one of my all time favorite songs. Beautiful. Who are you routing for? I'm hoping for a Crystal-Lee finale with Lee winning. Did you know he was kicked out of high school and never graduated? (I don't think I took a breath the whole time I wrote that.)

Also, do I need to come to Goose Creek to toss your junk? I am the world's best junk tosser. I could do it professionally. Of course, I also have a habit of tossing things that I shouldn't, like tax refund checks and my children's birth certificates. Whoops. Maybe I couldn't do it professionally. But I could sure give you some extra space in your house.

angie128 said...

I am not a rice-a-roni fan either. Because why would I want to mix up those foods? If I want rice, I'll have rice. If I want macaroni, I'll have macaroni. I have never, ever said I would like rice AND macaroni. Blech.

My one and only European vacation was to Holland. I do not have a windmill hat. But if I did, it would be yours!