Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cactus, Cactus, Everywhere!

If I were a really good blogger, I'd be putting a picture of a cactus up to go along with this post.  But, it's way too early in the morning for me to even think about downloading, resizing, and all that jazz.  So, just pretend there is a really great pic of a big tall prickly thing right here:

We are having a great time out here, and I plan a longer post upon my return.  But, before these thoughts slip away into the black abyss of my aging mind, I wanted to share them with all of you. 

  • I love the houses out here.  The adobe, the roofs, the outdoor living spaces; all are so beautiful.
  • My aunt and uncle are so darn nice. 
  • My cousins are so darn nice.  How does that happen?  How do so many nice people end up in one family?
  • How is it that every cactus looks different?   I need to do some research about why they grow the way they do.
  • I had the best Eggs Benedict at at restaurant called, "The Good Egg."  I also had the best "to go" iced tea.  The cup was enormous.
  • They sell my cider out here.  Ahhhhhhh.

  • The bathroom in our rental house is bigger than my bedroom at home.
  • I haven't seen one single basketball game this weekend.  This is the first time in my life that I've missed March Madness.  And, I'm okay.  Whoda thunk it?
  • I haven't seen a squirrel for a few days, and I really miss that.
  • The sunsets and sunrises are awfully pretty out here.  And the stars?  So bright.
  • I sure am enjoying spending time with  my family.  Too few and far between.
Happy Weekend Everyone! 

3 comments:

mel said...

I can envision you living out there, Ju. enjoy!

JuJu said...

Mel, I'm not sure I could live away from the water. It's gorgeous here, but I think I need a mountain stream, a river, or the ocean.

Unknown said...

It is so different out there. I don't think I would live there either. I also like the ocean.
Have a great trip!