Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hodge Podge 200

Milestone Sunday!  This is my 200th post.  WooHoo!  Can you hear the fireworks?  In honor of this momentous day, I will hodgepodge this post away. 

This tree is the bane of my existence right now.  All day Friday was filled with sneezes, coughs, loads of water running out of my nose, and a sexy strained voice from a bit of post nasal drip.  It's bloom time in the south, and that means the pollen has come to take over the world.  Ah-Choo!

Last night, we went to a friend's house for their Supper Club.  Now, our friends do this on a regular basis, but they invited the "soccer folks" to their event.  Soccer and Supper don't mingle so well.  But, the food was sooooooooo delicious, and the company even better.  I spent a good bit of time talking to the lovely CiCi.  She is Swedish, so we discussed Stieg Larsson's books, liverwurst, how to pronounce Swedish words, and the country itself.  She used a baggy to show me where Stockholm is, where her hometown is, and where most of the population of Sweden resides.  She's so interesting, so gorgeous, and so nice.  And, she is the mother of the cutest twins.  How did so much niceness get wrapped up in one package, I say?

The bathroom in our rental house in Arizona was humongous.  There was a long vanity with two sinks, a huge tub, huge shower and a huge closet.  (are you getting the idea that it was huge?)  Seriously, the bathroom was bigger than our bedroom at home.  The best part were the light swithces.  First of all, there were SIX of them.  And, they were all clearly marked.  Now, THAT is my idea of luxury.  I might need those in my house.

I watched the last 45 minutes of Shawshank again yesterday.  Man, it gets me every time.  It doesn't matter where I start that movie, I end up crying every time.  Today, I'm watching Sixth Sense.  Again, another movie that gets me every time.  How did I not see all the clues the first time I watched this movie??

It's Palm Sunday.  Did you used to braid your palms and hang them on your crucifix or behind a framed picture? 

Steven wants to see his favorite band, Massive Attack, in concert.  They are playing in NYC, Boston and on the west coast.  It looks like we'll be traveling again soon.  This is an English band, and they haven't toured much in the states.  I figure he's about due, having traipsed to so many DAVE concerts with me over the years. 


It's been a fun 200 posts.  I made the mistake of re-reading a few of them, and I do apologize for a lot of self indulgent boring content.  I'm glad you're still coming around and catching up on my tales.  I look forward to hanging out with you for the next 200! 

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor Jackson said...

happy 200th!! :)

mel said...

I love your posts - all 200 of them!

Palms - behind the cross. But then there was always the problem of what to do with them eventually....