Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

Just a few thoughts I'm having on a Sunday evening, sprinkled with some pictures of the St. Patrick's Day Block Party, held outside Madra Rua Pub in North Charleston, SC.

(Dang, that was a long run on sentence!)

People sure do love to be Irish for one day every year in the middle of March.

Those same people love to do strange stuff with the color green.

I am really looking forward to going to Arizona Thursday.  We are going to celebrate my favorite aunt/uncle's 40th wedding anniversary.  I do love to celebrate.

I started reading the newest Mitch Albom book, "Have A Little Faith."  I think it's going to be as good as all his other books. 

Crab Legs are always good; especially when enjoyed with friends.

I am constantly amazed at the strength of women.

I wish I lived in Stars Hollow, CT; the town where the Gilmore Girls live.  I would love to have coffee at Luke's, even though I don't drink coffee.

Zappos.com makes me happy.

Taylor started a new job yesterday.  I hope it will be good fun for her.  It seems that in the last month she's grown tremendously.

Jake has been accepted to a few more law schools.  Now he has to decide which is the best fit for him.  Mom thinks the full ride at the University of Illinois would be a good choice, but it's not my call.

I never liked the "Payday" candy bar.  And, when I was younger, it seems that was the only one they ever had in the vending machine at the pool. 

There is no Law and Order: Criminal Intent on Bravo tonight.  I am going through Bobby Goran withdrawls.  I'm also in denial that he is being phased out of the show. 

I have some really great friends.

I am getting addicted to asparagus roasted in the oven with some olive oil and sea salt. 

I've never won a trophy of any kind. 

And finally, when I look out my bedroom window lately, I'm seeing one of Rockett's babies.  For some reason, the thought of the Pink Possum lying there all alone just makes me sad.  He's been rained on so much lately.  Rockett, get your baby inside!!!


I hope we all have a great week!

4 comments:

mel said...

That's an awful lot of thoughts, Ju!

Isn't that roasted asparagus heavenly??

On St Pat's Day my father always said to me, "No need to wear green, mel, you have the map of Ireland on your face."

Happy St Pat's!

angie128 said...

Poor pink possum.

sherri s. said...

Oh, we'll only be one state away if you're in Arizona...Bring sunscreen!

SPT said...

The only thought that continues to swirl through my mind is, "How can Ju not like coffee?" :)