Sunday, March 7, 2010

Refreshed

It sure has been a sucky winter.  We've had tons of rain, many cold days, and most of these have fallen on the weekends.  Now, I do enjoy napping during a thunderstorm, but this rain has started to take a toll on the folks down here in South Carolina.

But, today was LOVELY!  The sun was shining, and there was a hint of warmth in the air.  It actually felt good in the sun.  We decided to head to the beach today.  Just driving along with the windows open felt fantastic!  We did see this little gem on the way...



On the way to the beach is an old boat.  It's been there as long as I've lived in Charleston.  People paint it with all sorts of things.  I've seen birth announcements, marriage proposals, obits, and political commentary.  Today's message was a request for a prom date.  I sure hope she said yes after all this trouble.




My favorite part about the beach is the breeze you feel as you walk on the crossover.  It's the most refreshing feeling when it's hot outside, and it's still pleasant on a cool March day.  It's your first view of the water, and it's one of the best parts of the beach experience.



As you know, Steven is doing a photo a day for 365 days.  (you can see his pictures here!)  This is one of his most favorite things to photograph.  (not himself, but underneath the pier!)


It's great to walk on the pier.  It is a GREAT place for people watching. 


I love watching people fish.  I loved these two young lovebirds.  They were enjoying the sunny day and a nice cold beer.  I wonder what they talked about while they waited for the fish to bite.


There were kids, dogs, couples, coolers, surfers, sand buried kids, girls doing handstands, old folks, bike riders and all other sorts of folks at the beach today.  Everyone was soaking up the gorgeous day.  Oh, how I love a palm tree.  It just says, "RELAX a while" to me.


Oops, I meant to put this picture in earlier.  This is Taylor's all time favorite restaurant, "Taco Boy."  I know she loves the food, but I'm thinking another thing she loves about it is the fact that it's at the beach.


So many great things about today.  But, THIS was the best:


Toes in the sand and water.  Ahhhhhhhh.

4 comments:

mel said...

What a beautiful day and a beautiful post! I do think we have all survived and Spring's warmth is on its way now. Daylight savings time coming soon and you just know that mean warm Spring nights are coming our way.

SPT said...

Ju - you've got sexy toes!

Jan, David, Rose and Grace said...

Looks like a perfect day! I'm jealous that you're so close to the beach!

sherri s. said...

Lovely post...except for the charming bumper sticker--almost as nice as the stainless steel bull you-know-whats people have hanging on their trucks around here. I always wonder if those guys ever get dates...