Monday, March 22, 2010

Western Ho!

If you ever want to celebrate a 40th wedding anniversary, may I recommend doing it in Arizona?  We had perfect weather, perfect company, perfect food, and a perfect time.  Kathi is my dad's baby sister.  She and Ron have always been there in our lives, and even more so since my parents died.  They used to babysit me.  They changed my diapers, played with me, and 40 years ago, I was the flower girl in their wedding.  They are fun, funny, and very loving.  We were so happy to be with them, my brother and two sisters-in-law (Tim couldn't make it due to baseball), their wonderful kids and spouses and our Arizona cousin. 

This blog is heavy on photos, so sorry, but it's so rare that we are all together, I needed to document it.  I honestly think we should celebrate this way every single day of our lives. 





SIL #1 and I on the back porch of Kathi and Ron's house.


Brother Jeff (not in the biblical term) and Kathy.


Brother Jeff and Cousin Bridget.  Honestly, one of the nicest girls you would ever meet.



Cousin Jeff and his wife, Anna.  The only ones in our family that appreciate soccer the way we do!



We had the BEST breakfast at "The Good Egg."  Eggs Benedict + Family = Perfection.
(SIL #2, Steven, SIL #1 and Bro)



I loved looking at all the artwork.  Everything is soooo different from my little Southern home.  You don't find magnolia trees and azaleas portrayed in art out there.



Cousins Brad and Jeff.  They were my ring bearers in Wedding #1.  And, they're just as cute as they were 25 years ago!



It was one giant paparazzi-kind-of-weekend.



Steven was in hog heaven as there were so many photo ops.  I believe he might have taken close to 750 pictures.  He and Cousins Bridget's husband, Aaron, enjoyed snapping together.


Then it came time for us all to clean up, dress up a bit, and truly celebrate this wonderful couple and all they've meant to us.  You see, they brought us together, and they keep us together.



They reunite us with people we haven't seen for much too long.





And remind us what life is really all about. 
Family.




3 comments:

SPT said...

Absolutely fantastic. And Ju, it's obvious where you get your looks from. What a good looking family! Also - I love your hair. I wish I had interesting hair.

mel said...

I admire your gusto for life, Ju. Livin' large, livin' large.

Sherri said...

Tucson or Phoenix? Looks like lovely Tucson to me...I went to U of Arizona, where I met my hubby, and I've eaten many a hungover breakfast at the Good Egg there; they have Good Eggs in Phx./Scottsdale, too, though...