Sunday, August 1, 2010

Family at the Beach

Normally on Sundays, I do nothing.  I take great pride in this nothingness.

But, today, I did something.  I spent the day with my brother, sister-in-law and nephews.  (and Steven!)  They are here visiting from Missouri, they've rented a house at Folly Beach for the week.  We will go out there toward the end of this week to stay with them, but we were lucky enough to spend the day with them today. 

On the way to the beach, I saw this great sign---  (the one below the American Storage sign)



These are my nephews, I call them Frick and Frack.  (not really)



Mickey was stung by a jellyfish today.  I took a picture.  I'm helpful like that.



This is my OLDER brother and sister in law.  heh heh heh



And, here's the view from their beach house's porch.  Not shabby.



Have a good week one and all!  More beach stuff to follow.

4 comments:

angie128 said...

Some things...

1. I like the beach.
2. That's not your baseball coachy brother is it? I don't think so but can't tell from the pic.
3. If it's not, could he still teach me how to keep the box score for a baseball game?
4. What is your SIL reading? I'm obsessed with what people read.
5. Did I mention I like the beach?

SPT said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want to join them. that proximity to the beach is perfection!

(angie - i'm reading the immortal life of henrietta lacks. it is FASCINATING!)

mel said...

Beautiful beach pic!

sherri s. said...

Ooh, I'd like to be on that beach and in that ocean that's WARM...the Pacific is freezing all year round. The first time I ran into it all, "Yaayyy...OMG" and ran back out with my teeth chattering.

word: trovened

I like animals with clovened and trovened hooves (really, I do!).