Sunday, August 22, 2010

Stop, Oh Yes, Wait a Minute Mr. Postman!

Remember when we used to have things called "Pen Pals?"   When I was in 6th grade, I had a pen pal who lived in England.  I loved getting his letters, his handwriting was so pretty!  And, there was something special about getting a letter in the mail.


Nowadays, the only thing I get in the mailbox is bills, bills, bills.    Every blue moon, I get thank you cards, or wedding invites.  I know it takes time, and .44 to write a letter. But, think of the joy you get when you have something in your mailbox; something that says, "I thought of you today and wanted to let you know; non electronically."

So,I have an idea, and I need your help.  If you're interested in playing my game with me, all I need is your address.  I will send you a postcard or letter so that you receive something handwritten and happy in your mailbox.  If it does, indeed, make you happy, and if you feel inspired, then maybe you can send one back to me?  And, if you know someone who would enjoy receiving a letter or postcard, send me their address as well.  Just like Justin Timberlake, "I'm bringing letters back...."
I can even create a compilation of anything I receive and use it in a later blog post.  (another positive side effect!)  I need a project, and I'm kinda hankering for a way to spread some good juju. 

If you want to  play, you can leave your address in a comment, or you can email me at judi@bill-green.com

5 comments:

mel said...

I am in - you know mine. This is a great idea. A letter in the mail is so touching.


Word: purpoled

Did you know that Moriah purpoled her hair?

angie128 said...

Ohhh what fun! I'm in. Emailing you today.

I used to have a pen pal too. Her name was Beth. She lived in Michigan and was a cheerleader.

sherri s. said...

How fun! I'm in, too...I have lots of stationery and I never write letters anymore (not since my sweet Grandma died...boo).

word:

sherri s. said...

OMG, it published my comment without my typing in the word! I think it did, anyway (or I'm losing my mind!).

word: fredarin

I need to take some Fredarin for my headache (lame, I know!

Darla said...

I'm in too! I love getting real mail, and would love to spread some juju, too.

Can't wait for Saturday!!

Thanks for the shout out in your Monday blog. Kind of cool to see your name "out there"!

155 Roswell Farms Lane
Roswell, GA 30075

I think you know my name :)