Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rats, Part 2

Crap!

Remember that part about how I was going to get to go to Atlanta to see Jonny Lang at the Botanical Gardens and then see my friends, Darla and Jeff?

Not happening. 

Crap.  Double Crap.

Seems JL's wife decided to HAVE A BABY.  How rude.

I found out this morning.  I had heard rumors that there was a "family emergency" and shows all around my show were being postponed.  I called the Atlanta Botanical Garden and asked the very nice receptionist lady if the show was still on.  Her response?  "It better be."  I then explained what I had heard, and she then spoke to someone in her room.  And, then she put me on HOLD.

I knew I was screwed at this point.

She gets back on and says she was just speaking with "Marketing" and that an "announcement" would be made in a couple hours on their website.  Yeah, I knew what that meant.  I told her that sucked and she agreed, stating that she was the receptionist and would have to speak to person after person today calling in with disappointment like myself .  I agreed with her, her day was going to suck worse.

BUT.  Oh, the agony.  The disappointment.  I must have sighed about 486 times today.  I have really really really looked forward to this.  And, not only is mine postponed, it's flat out canceled.  Get your money back.  It aint gonna happen.

We originally thought about still going to Atlanta for the weekend, but soon realized we'd end up spending much more money than we needed to, considering we are going on vacation next weekend.  As much as we want to see D&J, we will have to plan another trip and coordinate the two.  Luckily, Darla is a very understanding and gracious kinda gal.

So, mark this on your calendar:  I was sensible today.  We're staying home.

Tap.  Tap.  Tap.

Commence Pity Party.

10 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, man, I'm so bummed for you!! I know how much you love Johnny and were looking forward to the trip, show and reunion. This pity party parade is well deserved. :(

We'll just add one more Will Ferrell movie to our day.

SPT said...

oh man! that sucks!

sherri s. said...

Darn babies (just kidding!). Bummer--I know how you feel; I was totally looking forward to seeing an opera last November in L.A. (with my man, Placido Domingo), and then my husband f'ed up his knee so we had to cancel. Boo!

word: dereamo

Do these jeans make my dereamo look fat?

angie128 said...

Bummers. Sorry about that. Wanna' come to Memphis for a volleyball tournament tomorrow? It's just as exciting....har.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I'm the "Marketing" person our nice Garden recpetionist was speaking to when you called yesterday morning. I'm so sorry that JL had to cancel and we indeed hustled yesterday getting th word out to many disappointed (yet understanding) fans. Put June 3rd, 2011 down on your calendar as that's the date we agreed to rebook with Lang. Tickets will go back on sale in the spring of 2011. You're the first to know : ) All the best to you!

JuJu said...

Oh Marketing Person. You are a gem. Thank you so much for:
1. reading my blog (what the heck?) :-)
2. responding to my blog
3. Giving me the info on next year's show; it's like I have a scoop. (Perez Hilton would be jealous?)

I am so happy that he rescheduled and that I'll get to see your beautiful gardens. I will see you in June!!

JuJu said...

Oh Marketing Person. You are a gem. Thank you so much for:
1. reading my blog (what the heck?) :-)
2. responding to my blog
3. Giving me the info on next year's show; it's like I have a scoop. (Perez Hilton would be jealous?)

I am so happy that he rescheduled and that I'll get to see your beautiful gardens. I will see you in June!!

mel said...

Huh?? Ju, you know EVERYONE. The Marketing person knows about our blog??



word: untsure

I am untsure but still willing to be that found something else fun to do today!

mel said...

Was I on drugs when I wrote that sentence last night?

No, just tired. There are whole words missing!!?!

Trying again:

word: cheersur

I will be much cheersur when I write a grammatically correct sentence!

sherri s. said...

Three things:

1. JuJu, you're famous! And how nice is that person
2. It came. And: it is the best. ever. And is now prominently displayed on my board above my desk.
3. Mel: ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

word: exotol

The Geritol is just not working anymore, so I switched to Exotol instead.