Monday, August 2, 2010

The Young Bucks Band

Oh boy.  Here we go again.

My 30th high school reunion is scheduled for June, 2011.  Now, I went to two high schools, I moved my senior year.  For my 20th reunion, I went to the reunion for the school from which I actually graduated.  (even though I only attended one year there)  So, for this occasion, I plan to go to the other school.  (sidenote:  my senior picture does not appear in any yearbook.  This is a fact that bothers me more than it should.) 

This high school is in Terre Haute, Indiana.  I haven't been there in close to 30 years.  It's not really the kind of place one goes to for vacation, if you know what I mean.

I digress. 

I was on Facebook the other day when an Instant Message popped up from someone from that high school.  This fella was in the "Young Bucks Band" with myself and two others. [ Remember, this is the band that played civic events and was infamous in my life for the dedication to Pete Grimes.  ]

Mike asked if I was up for a reunion of the band, while at the reunion.  And, he thought we would bring the house down if we played, "You're No Good."  Heh Heh Heh.  Of all songs for him to mention.  One guy in the band is now a grammy award winner, the other is a music producer.  You know, they're still "in the business." 

I work at a law firm.   Ahem.  Double Ahem.  Crickets chirping Ahem.

Of course, I said yes; false bravado and all that.  So, now I figure I have one year to get myself in shape and get my nerve up to sing that song in public again.  Thirty years older.  Oh boy.

And Lordy be, someone better warn Pete Grimes.  Judi Jamieson is BACK!

8 comments:

mel said...

This is so freakin' amazing!!

Wow, wow, wow!

Can we all come for your return to the stage? Seriously?

You're so good, you're so good, baby, you're so good!

Ju, you will 'constwo' the crowd with your amazing voice! (Sorry, getting into the word game kinda late.)

Ju, you SO rock!

SPT said...

OMG, we have to be there. I would give my left boob to see Pete Grimes' face!

angie128 said...

I am definitely not missing that.

Sincerely,
Reunion Crasher

JuJu said...

Oh, I must mention, Pete Grimes was in the class ahead of mine, so the chances of him being there are slim. But, rumor has it he still lives in old Terre Haute. So you never know....

Hey, you guys could be the PIPS?

coultasj1 said...

OMG, how cool! You should video the trip making a "rockumentary". :)

Dusti said...

Awesome! This must be recorded - I don't want to miss it. If not recorded, could I be your date to the reunion?

sherri s. said...

I fourth it...we're all there for a reunion gig. Mine is next year, officially, but they've combined it with class of '80 (none of whom I particularly liked...now class of '79, oh yeah baby). So I'm not going--in part because it's in September (in Kentucky) and we're going to China (!) in October. Also: not enough time to lose 20 pounds between now and then. Wow, too much information here, you're thinking...

PERFECT word for this post: optrey

JuJu is going to be performing at the Grand Ol' Optrey after her reunion.

Darla said...

Can you believe that Jeff and I can't come to the reunion!? When the date was changed to June, I about cried. We will be in Ireland, leaving on the 23rd. No way to change the vaca dates, either. You will have to take tons of pictures for me. boohoo!