Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Have a New Phone, and I Don't Know How To Work It

Yep.  That's right.  I have a new touch phone.

For the past few years, I've had my trusty pink Blackberry.  It was a nice solid phone.  It was pink.  It had a very dirty trackball.

I decided to join the human race and bought a touch phone. Sigh. Why did I join the human race? Here's my new phone, the Droid Incredible:



Does it look complicated?  Well, it IS. 

I was a whiz on my Blackberry.  I could text as fast as lightning!  I could have won texting competitions for speed and accuracy.  I could easily type a smiley face of any kind, and used the exclamation point excessively.

But, now, I have FAT FINGER problems.  Let me introduce you to Little Miss Fat Fingers:



She looks a bit angry.   I am guessing that's because her fingers are so fat.

Anyway, if you text me,  please be patient with my responses.  I   G O  V E R Y  S L O W.

And, I look like this:



7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is why I don't get these fancy phones. My girls have them and now I can't check who they are talking to or texting, not that I did that.
Thanks for your sweet comment. I still have the scale I won and another one my friend gave me.
Enjoy your day,
KarenSue

angie128 said...

Text me.

JuJu said...

Angie, you're killing me. It takes me so long! But, if you send me your number, you'll get a text that takes me hours to compose. :-)

Darla said...

Jud, In March I turned in my old Razor with the 3 letters per "number" phone, and got an i Phone. I thought, "Oh all I want is to be able to text and talk...that is all!" Well, I even surprise myself now..checking FB (yeah), bank accts. (:(), weather and internet stuff.

I too have the fat finger syndrome! Rebecca laughs at me at my lack of speed. That's ok, I'll just do it my way! :)

mel said...

Poor Ju.

I have great faith that you will work your way up to being a wizard with it!

WORD
I used to take Geritol but now I take a swig of Entedol every morning for energy.

entedol

sherri s. said...

I doubt seriously if your fingers are fat...but this cracks me up because my husband is always complaining about the same things on TV remotes, telephones, etc. I always threaten to buy him one of those big Granny remotes with buttons the size of checkers. AND he's thinking about getting a Droid. Ruh-roh...

word: ausconi

I like my ausconi served with lots and lots of cheese and butter.

P.S. Good one, Mel!

sherri s. said...

OMG, the word for this next comment is "CHEST." Really?!