Monday, August 9, 2010

The Mystery Purple Flowers

Each morning, I drive the same way to work.  I pass the same gas station, stoplights, houses, schools, trees and plants.  I have my favorite everything.  I look forward to seeing them change throughout the seasons.  I love seeing decorations on the houses during different seasons.  But, there's one thing I see on my drive that tickles me.

I have been meaning to take a picture of this little gem for a couple years now.  When I go to work in the morning, I see these cute little purple flowers.  Hello purple flowers!


But when I leave for the day, this is what I see:



They are gone!  Where do they go?  Do they go out for coffee? 

I love these mysterious little blooms. 

1 comment:

Mary said...

I think they are mexican petunia's? And I love them!! I tried to grow them in the back yard once, but it didn't work. I just love that they only come out to say hello when the day is just right!